Measures to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19 at Fuji Rock Festival
Please be sure to read and fully understand the Guidelines to Prevent the Spread of Covid-19” before deciding to attend this year’s Fuji Rock or purchasing tickets.
We ask for the understanding and cooperation of everyone in order to secure the safety of each person who comes to the festival.
GUIDELINES FOR PREVENTION OF THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AT THE FESTIVAL
Fuji Rock Festival strives for a “special Fuji Rock under special circumstances” where everone can enjoy themselves in comfort and safety through the strict implementation of measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
The following guidelines which were established as measures to secure the safety of everyone participating in the festival will be in effect at Fuji Rock Festival ’21.
Please be sure to fully read and understand the following information before purchasing tickets to the festival.
Those who are unable to follow the guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19 or any other festival regulation will be removed from the festival or refused entry. Please note that tickets will not be refunded in these circumstances.
We ask for understanding and cooperation from each and every person participating in the festival in order to secure a safe environment for all of us.
- *We ask for understanding and cooperation from each and every person participating in the festival in order to secure a safe environment for all of us.
- *Festival organizers and venue management shall implement and follow guidelines as set for their respective industries.
- *Please note that the festival may revised these guidelines in accordance to any changes in policy by national or local governments.
- The festival venue is held outdoors on the grounds of a ski resort.
- The festival will be held with a limited capacity in order to ensure safe distances can be kept between attendees.
- All stages and facilities will fundamentally be outdoors.
- The “Red Marquee” stage which is a designated evacuation space in the event of adverse weather is a roofed space but is not enclosed providing for ample ventilation.
- Stages of varying sizes are spread throughout a large space.
- Each stage is surrounded by mountains and forests with enough space to implement social distancing.
- The festival timetable will be devised to keep audience from gathering at any one stage.
- The festival features various areas other then stages.
- The festival features food areas, multiple campsites, a large riverside area and a forest boardwalk in addition to the many different activities available for attendees scattered throughout the festival to keep people from gathering at one location.
《Measures Applied Prior to Arrival at the Festival》
- Managing your health, infection prevention, refraining from gathering in large groups and measuring your temperature prior to arrival to the festival are important.
Festival attendees are asked to implement health checks and measures to prevent infection themselves prior to coming to the festival.
Attendees are also asked to refrain from gathering in groups prior to and after attending the festival.
Please be sure to take your temperature every morning each day for five days prior to attending the festival.
- Do not forget to bring infection control items!
- Be sure to bring enough masks, portable hand sanitizer, wipes and other items to help stop the spread of infection.
- The festival advises the use of nonwoven cloth masks.
- Supplies of infection control items in the area surounding the festival are limited so please be sure to purchase and prepare these items in the area at which you reside prior to travelling to the festival.
- Please note persons to which any of the following apply will not be permitted to enter the festival.
- Those who record a fever of 37.5°C (99.5°F) or above within five days of arrival to the festival.
- Those who do not feel well (cough, trouble breathing, lethergic, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, altered sense of taste or smell, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, etc.)
- Those who visited or have come into close contact with a person who visited or resides in a country or region on the government’s list of restricted countries or regions within 14 days of arrival to the festival.
- Those who have tested postiive for Covid-19 or have been directed to quarantine.
- Those who have come into close contact with a person who tested positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of arrival to the festival.
- Those who have family members or other close aquaintances who are suspected of being infected.
Please refrain from attending the festival if any one of the above apply to you.
- Registration of personal information on the Fuji Rock Festival app will be required in order to attend the festival.
- Details will be announced upon release of the app.
- Attendees will need to download and fill in the required information prior to arrival to the festival.
- Those who are unable to download the app will be required to submit personal details upon arrival to the festival.
- The information gathered will be used to for contact tracing and submitted to health officials in case of infection and will be appropriately secured.
- Those who refuse to register their personal information will not be permitted entry to the festival. Tickets will not be refunded under these circumstances.
- Please download and register with the contact tracing app, COCOA.
＜Covid-19 Contact Tracing App “COCOA”＞
“COCOA” is the Covid-19 contact tracing app released by Japan’s Ministry of Health. The app notifies users about possible contact with positive Covid-19 cases. Download to your smartphone to use.
*Be sure to have Bluetooth turned on.
《Measures at the Festival》
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory.
- Festival goers will be required to wear a mask at all times while inside the festival. The festival recommends the use of nonwoven cloth masks.
- Those not wearing a mask will not be permitted to enter the festival. Masks will not be provided by the festival. Please be sure to bring your own masks.
- Body temperature check points will be installed at various locations throughout the festival.
- Your temperature will be checked upon entering the festival. (Temperature will also be taken upon re-entry to the festival.)
- Body temperature will be checked when boarding the shuttle bus running between the festival, train station and festival parking lots.
- Those with a body temperature of 37.5°C (99.5°F) or above, or those who refuse to have their temperature taken will be refused entry to the festival (refused use of shuttle bus).
- Please wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitizer and practice proper cough etiquette.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at various locations throughout the festival. Please also be sure to bring your own portable hand sanitizer and use regularly along with washing your hands often.
- Practice Social Distancing
Please be sure to leave plenty of space when lining up to enter or exit the festival, etc.
- Practice social distancing when watching shows or eating and drinking.
- Avoid congregating in front of the stages or crowding along paths between areas.
- The number of people who can gather in front of the stage will be controlled by fencing the area into blocks and social distancing will be induced by marking positions on the ground.
- Audience members are asked to utilize suitably sized leasure sheets and folding chairs of the types which are permitted to help ensure social distancing at the rear of the viewing area of each stage.
- Please follow any instructions by festival staff if it is deemed necessary to spread people out while waiting (to enter or exit the festival, toilet, etc.).
- Please refrain from raising your voice or speaking with other festival goers while inside the festival.
- Please do not cheer, shout or have unnecessary conversations during the performances.
- Please refrain from “high five” and other direct contact with others.
- Always wear a mask when speaking.
- Moshing, diving and any other actions which result in direct contact with others are strictly prohibited.
- Apart from being dangerous, actions such as these bring you in direct contact with others and are strictly prohibited under any circumstance.
- Capacity Controls
- Stage capacities may be restricted depending on circumstances.
- Practice Safe Eating & Drinking
We ask for everyone’s cooperation in practicing safe eating and drinking manners: 「Use your mask when eating & drinking」「Dine Alone」「Silent Dining」
- Please do not speak without a mask even while eating or drinking. Be sure to put on your mask before speaking.
- Do not sit face to face when eating or drinking.
- Be sure to leave ample space between each other when lining up to purchase food or beverages.
The festival will mark out spacing to induce social distancing and festival staff will be on hand to remind audience members to spread out.
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory.
- Please refrain from excessive drinking.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages will be limited to certain times.
- Those who are deemed overly intoxicated will be prohibited from purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited from being brought into the festival.
- The festival is non-smoking outside of designated smoking areas.
- Please refrain from speaking while using the smoking areas. Prolonged use of the smoking areas is prohibited.
- If you become unwell while at the festival, please do not hesitate to tell a nearby staff member.
- Those suspected of being infected will be removed from the festival.
- Those within the festival who are found to have symptoms such as fever or coughing may be removed from the festival.
- Audience members may be asked to disperse or movements between areas may be restriced in order to avoid congestion.
- Various restrictions such as restricting audience movement between areas within the festival or entry & exit from areas may be implemented in order to avoid congestion.
- Please follow instructions from festival staff inside and outside the festival. Those who refuse to follow instructions from festival staff will be removed / barred from the festival.
- Please refrain from bringing gifts, etc., for artists.
《Measures for Staff & Performing Artists》
- Performing artists and all staff members will undergo health and temperature checks.
- Staff members who are found to have a fever or feel unwell will not be permitted to work.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask or face shield while working (artists will be allowed to remove face coverings during performances).
- Use of hand sanitizer and washing hands will be required throughout the day.
- Social distancing will be enforced in staff and backyard areas and indoor areas will be ventilated at regular intervals.
- In the event of any incident, the festival will work promptly with local health centers, health officials and medical facilities to ensure the health and safety of festival staff and performing artists.
Fuji Rock Festival will work to implement these measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and have everyone enjoy the festival safely.